I know this is late, but if you have been struggling with what to get a hosta lover on your list for Christmas, here are some ideas:
- Hostapedia -if they do not own the Hostapedia by Mark Zilis, this book is a must have. Lists over 7400 hostas and their characteristics.
- Gift certificates- Since weather does not allow most people to buy hostas right now, why not buy them a gift certificate so the person on your list can buy in spring. Some reputable places to get gift certificates from are: Naylor Creek, In the Country Garden and Gifts, Hallson Gardens, and White Oak Nursery.
- Fiskars Transplant Spade- this is great for digging up and dividing hostas and other plants.
- Garden Fork -This is a great tool for digging up hostas and keeping roots intact
- Garden cart/wagon-something to haul all your tools and plants out in the garden
- Unique Planter-a unique planter that hostas could be place in (like above)
- Hosta pottery from Steve Knipp
- Membership to local or national hosta clubs
- Membership to local botanical garden