How long have you been growing and caring for Hosta? Please name your top 5 favorite plants to grow in Wisconsin.
I have been growing and caring for the hostas I currently have for 7 years, but I have been around plants and gardens all my life.
As for my top 5 plants to grow in Wisconsin:
1. Hosta (big surprise there)
2. Oriental/Asiatic lilies--these love Wisconsin weather. We have cold winters and hot, humid summers.
3. Echinacea (Coneflowers)-An easy to grow perennial that is now starting to come out in more and more colors.
4. Daylilies -again, they are easy to grow. There is a very nice daylily farm called Solaris in Wisconsin.
5. Clematis -A wonderful perennial vine that belongs in everyone's garden!