Did you know that you can grow hostas in containers in Wisconsin? Well you can. I have successfully grown hostas in containers for many years. The key to keeping hostas in containers is how you store them over the winter. The most important thing is keeping moisture out of the pots. You want to prevent freezing, thawing, and frozen, wet roots which will result in the roots turning to mush ultimately killing the hosta. Here are my steps I follow:
- I wait until a hard frost has killed off all of the hosta foliage.
- Then I move the containers to the north side/ or a protected area outside where they will not receive a lot of light or precipitation.
- I then push the containers together as an extra way to prevent moisture from finding it's way inside the container.
- If you feel they still need further protection, you can cover the containers with leaves or straw.
- Then it's time to wait until spring to move them. I usually wait to move them until I start to see some sign of life.
|This one is not quite ready for storage. I like to have all of the leaves die off before storing them for the winter.|
I too grow hosta in containers. Hypertufas and terracotta pots seem to do well in my zone 5b garden. Due to the loss of 4 big trees this past year, I have hosta and ferns in larger plastic pots - we'll see.... I have moved them to a dry spot or have covered them with plastic wrap. I'll be really upset if I lose them....
Through our experts, we offer all kinds of Best Custom Essay Writing Services and Custom Essay Writing Services to suit the need of every student.
It becomes necessary for students to identify companies that offer Cheap Term Paper Writers,to assist them in their assignments and Custom Dissertation Writing Help. The most convenient issue is that you can access the Custom Research Paper at any time and location as long as you have Internet connectivity.
off white shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
steph curry shoes
lebron james shoes
golden goose outlet
off white jordan 1
supreme t shirt
a bathing ape
Post a Comment