- My friend, Erin, and I started creating our Cheesehead Gardening videos.
- I've met lots of new gardening and non-gardening people on Twitter. Especially through the Monday night #gardenchat
- One of my co-workers was laid off due to budget cuts. It was really sad because she was so good at her job, and I miss having her in my department. It also meant I would start the 2010 school year with an extra school. Schools=3
- This spring, myself and three co-workers received grant through Fund for Teachers. Our grant took us to Oregon in July, where we attended the Oregon Coast Children's Book Writing Conference. It was a awesome experience to work with real authors, illustrators, editors, etc. I had been to the Oregon coast once before, but this trip sealed the deal for me. I am in LOVE with the Oregon coast, and I am hoping to get back there in 2011. If you want to know more about our trip, here is our travel blog.
- At the end of June I went on my first cruise. My husband and I traveled with my parents and aunt & uncle to Alaska. We spent one week on land and one week at sea. It was an amazing experience to see all the untouched land, and just how big all of the plants grow there with the extended daylight. My favorite part of the trip was when our cruise ship was just about to go into Glacier Bay and our boat was surrounded by Humpback whales. Here is a short blog of our trip.
- My hostas were having a great year, until we were hit by a horrendous hail storm in July just days after I returned from Oregon. I think it was a sign that I was supposed to stay there, at least for the summer. The hail storm did so much damage, not only to my yard but all the houses in the area. The rest of the summer there wasn't a day that went buy without the sound of a new roof going on in our neighborhood.
- I officially ran out of garden space.....wonder what I will do in 2011.
- When we returned from Alaska, my husband found out that after 16 years with the postal service, his position might not be around much longer. So after months of not knowing what was going on, he was reassigned to another office in mid-October. He went from sorting mail to being a mail carrier, and lost all of his seniority. He likes being a carrier, and he likes his new hours. Just wishes he didn't have to stress about it for months.
Well, that's what I remember about 2010. I hope my 2011 is filled with as much adventure as 2010.
It's amazing what a stressful year it has been for a lot of people...myself included. Education is taking a hit this year as well as it did last and we've lost a lot of good people. The postal service is another one of those places that is also taking a hit with cut backs....I'm glad everything worked out and hopefully, this new year will bring positive energy:) Happy New Year!
I don't think the Educational system is going to get any better any time soon. I think we are going to get hit even harder with budget cuts. I know my job will be on the line, even though I have been with the school district for 12 years. I am now in the process of reinventing my job. Which is actually good, since if administration agrees to it, I will actually be doing more of what I went to school for.
Good luck for 2011! It's odd how gardens always run out of space!
Happy New Year to you!
Looking out my window at all the snow makes gardening seem far away. I suppose it won't be long and I'll be complaining that it's too hot and humid.
If you've run out of gardening space, you can always add some container gardening.
It's a great week to be a cheesehead, isn't it?
It is a great week to be a Wisconsinite!
Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the very same niche as yours and my users would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Thanks! facebook log in
Post a Comment